Java is one of the most used languages worldwide. So in this article, we are going to learn Installation Java for Mac-OS X and verify on Mac OS. This article will guide you completely through the process of installing Java. Here you are going to learn how to Install java, Configure it and verify it in just a few steps. It’s a pretty straightforward and easy process, and we’ll provide you step-by-step instructions on how to install Java for Mac-OS X.
What are the system Requirements for Installing JAVA?
- Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.8.3+, 10.9+.
- Administrator privileges for installation.
- A 64-bit browser (Safari, for example) is required to run Oracle Java on Mac.
How To Install Java in Mac-OS(Step By Step process)
Step 1: Check Whether Java is installed or not.
- First, you should check whether Java is already installed or not.
- Open terminal and type the following command.
$ java -version
Now if you see java version, Java SE Runtime Environment… then java is already installed on your device And if you don’t see then, first of all, you need to install java in your device.
Step 2: Download Java
You can download java from here.
NOTE – To run Java 8 from the Terminal when using java -version, you need to install the JDK, not JRE.
- Click on the right side, inside Top Downloads on “Java SE”.
- click on Oracle Jdk “Download”.
- A new window will open and in that at the bottom “Java SE Development Kit 11” will be there inside it click on “Access License Agreement” and select the Mac-os and Download the file with the extension “.dmg”.
Step 3. Run the Installer.
- Once the download has Completed open your Downloads Folder and find the “.dmg” installer file.Well it depends on the browser you are using and its configuration, your browser may automatically open the “.dmg” file that was recently downloaded.
- Run the “.dmg” for install Java. Click Next once the installation is complete click Close.
Step 4. Verify Java.
- finally After installing its time to verify your java installation.
- Now by opening a terminal and typing the command
$ java -version
You will get the version and all the things then write
javac -versionYou will get the java version.
- Then by writing this you will get the full path of the installed java.
In this article, we learned Installation Java for Mac-OS X, how to configure it in the system and how to verify it with Terminal. Now the system is ready for java programming.
If you need any help or have any query regarding it then leave a comment.